ANNUAL ‘FALL HARVEST’ PROGRAMMING STUNT BOOSTS HALLMARK CHANNEL TO BE THE HIGHEST-RATED CABLE NETWORK
Programming Extravaganza Delivered the #1 Rated Movie of the Week for Five Straight Weeks
New York, October 24, 2017 – Hallmark Channel’s third annual “Fall Harvest” programming event went out on a high note this past weekend with the final two original movie premieres “A Harvest Wedding” and “Good Witch: Spellbound” averaging a 2.5 HH rating and 2.7 million Total Viewers.
Overall, the network’s six new original movie premieres averaged a 2.5 HH rating, elevating the network to be the highest-rated in the 9 p.m. time period among HH and W25-54. Hallmark Channel’s “Fall Harvest” programming stunt premiered the #1 HH rated movie of the week for five consecutive weeks
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD)
- The Saturday, October 21st premiere of “A Harvest Wedding” averaged a 2.5 HH rating and 2.7 million Total Viewers
- The premiere became the top-rated movie of the week among HH and W25-54 as well as the #1 rated program of the day among HH
- The Sunday, October 22nd premiere of “Good Witch: Spellbound” averaged a 2.5 HH rating and 2.7 million Total Viewers
- The premiere became the top-rated movie of the week among HH and W25-54
- Both “Harvest Wedding” and “Good Witch: Spellbound” boosted Hallmark Channel to be the 2nd highest-rated network in Prime Time among HH on Saturday and Sunday
For more information on Fall Harvest, click here.
Source: Nielsen, 10/16-10/22/17.
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel is Crown Media Family Networks’ flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 88 million homes. As the country’s leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as “Good Witch,” “When Calls the Heart” and “Chesapeake Shores”; annual specials including “Kitten Bowl”and “Hero Dog Awards”; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.” Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life’s special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including “Countdown to Christmas,” “Countdown to Valentine’s Day,” “Summer Nights,” “Fall Harvest” and “Winterfest.” Rounding out the network’s diverse slate are some of television’s most beloved comedies and series, including “The Golden Girls” and “Frasier.”
Hallmark Cards, Inc. owns and operates Crown Media Family Networks.
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.