HALLMARK CHANNEL’S ‘COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS’ LEADS CABLE RATINGS FOR SIXTH CONSECUTIVE WEEKEND
Original Movie Premieres Drive Hallmark Channel to be #1 Network for Entire Weekend Among Household and Women 25-54 Ratings
“Countdown to Christmas” and “Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas” Continue Strong Delivery Growth Among All Key Demographics
New York, NY, December 6 – Hallmark Channel’s annual “Countdown to Christmas” celebration continues to rule the holiday season with its most recent original premieres “A Dream of Christmas” and “Looks like Christmas” propelling the network to be #1 for the entire weekend among Household and Women 25-54 ratings for the sixth straight week.
Over the six weeks since “Countdown to Christmas” kicked off, Hallmark Channel continues to be the most-watched network among Women 25-54. Additionally, compared to the 2015 season, this year’s “Countdown to Christmas” initiative has noted impressive viewership gains among Households (+22%), Women 18-49 (+30%), Women 25-54 (+18%), Adults 18-49 (+36%), Adults 25-54 (+25%) and Total Viewers (+22%).
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries’ “Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas” is also out-performing last year’s initiative with strong delivery increases among Households (+51%), Women 18-49 (+70%), Women 25-54 (+53%), Adults 18-49 (+84%), Adults 25-54 (+60%) and Total Viewers (+54%).
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Channel
- “A Dream of Christmas” (Saturday, December 3) averaged a 3.3 HH rating and 3.8 million Total Viewers
- Original movie became the #1 rated and most-watched program of the day among HH and W25-54 and the #1 HH-rated movie of the week
- “A Dream of Christmas” scored as the 2nd highest-rated program of the week, excluding sports and news
- Boosted by the original movie premiere, Hallmark Channel became the highest-rated cable network on Saturday in Prime Time and Total Day among HH and W25-54
- “Looks Like Christmas” (Sunday, December 4) earned a 3.3 HH rating and 3.9 million Total Viewers
- Original premiere ranks as the #2 rated program of the day and the #1 rated movie of the week among HH
- Tied with “A Dream of Christmas,” the original movie was the 2nd highest-rated program of the week, excluding sports and news
- “Looks like Christmas” propelled the network to be #1 among HH and W25-54 ratings in Sunday Total Day
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- “Hearts of Christmas” (Sunday, December 4) averaged a 1.8 HH rating and 1.6 million Total Viewers
- Debut became the network’s highest-rated telecast among HH and the most-watched telecast among Total Viewers
- “Hearts of Christmas” was Sunday’s most socially engaging original movie premiere on Twitter across Broadcast or Cable, generating the highest Twitter Social Media Interactions
For more information on Crown Media Family Networks’ original movie premieres, click on the titles below.
“A Dream of Christmas” starring Nikki DeLoach and Andrew Walker
“Looks Like Christmas” starring Anne Heche and Dylan Neal
“Hearts of Christmas” starring Emilie Ullerup and Kristoffer Polaha
Source: Nielsen, November 28-December 4, 2016; Nielsen Social Content Ratings; (10/28-12/4/16 vs. 10/30-12/6/15) Live+SD impressions, M-Su 6a - 6a, excludes Fri 6a-10p on 10/28/16 and Fri 6a-8p on 10/30/15.
ABOUT CROWN MEDIA FAMILY NETWORKS
Crown Media Family Networks is the umbrella unit subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc., housing cable’s leading family friendly networks, Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, as well as their corresponding digital extensions HallmarkChannel.com and HallmarkMoviesandMysteries.com. The company operates and distributes both channels in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) with Hallmark Channel available to 89 million subscribers and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries in 67 million homes in the United States. Hallmark Channel features an ambitious slate of new, original content, including movies; scripted series, such as “When Calls the Heart,” and “Good Witch” and “Chesapeake Shores”; annual specials including “Hero Dog Awards”and “Kitten Bowl”; world premieres of Hallmark Hall of Fame presentations, and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.”Hallmark Channel is also home to the popular annual holiday franchise “Countdown to Christmas,”featuring a lineup of 24/7 holiday programming. Rounding out the network’s lineup are television’s most beloved comedy and drama series, including “The Golden Girls,”“The Middle,”“Frasier,” “Last Man Standing” and “Home Improvement.” Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is a separate 24-hour, digital cable network featuring a unique mix of new, original movies and acquired series focused on the lighter side of the suspense and mystery genres. The network also features its own annual holiday programming franchise, “Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas,” as well as presentations from the multi-award-winning Hallmark Hall of Fame library.
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.