FROM JULY 27 – AUGUST 16, HALLMARK CHANNEL RANKED AS HIGHEST-RATED
ENTERTAINMENT CABLE NETWORK ON WEEKENDS, AND #2-RATED AND MOST-WATCHED
AMONG HOUSEHOLDS, WOMEN 18+, AND TOTAL VIEWERS IN TOTAL DAY
Three All-New Saturday Night “Summer Nights” Original Movie Premieres
Deliver the #1 Program of the Day
New York, NY, August 19, 2020 – Hallmark Channel’s fifth annual “Summer Nights” programming event wrapped up Saturday night with a stellar performance from the network’s latest original movie, “Wedding Every Weekend,” which was the highest-rated and most-watched non-news cable program of the day among Households, Women 18+, and Total Viewers. Averaging a 2.3 Household rating, 2.2 million Total Viewers, and 243,000 Women 25-54, the movie boosted Hallmark Channel to rank as the #1 Household-rated entertainment cable network on Saturday and #2 for the entire week in Total Day.
Resulting from strong performances by the three all-new “Summer Nights” original movie premieres – “Romance in the Air” (August 1), “Love on Harbor Island” (August 8), and “Wedding Every Weekend” (August 15) – Hallmark Channel became the #2 entertainment cable network in Total Day and #1 on weekends over the course of the event’s three week run (July 27 - August 16). Additionally, the premieres delivered the #1 program of the day on Saturdays and averaged a combined 2.3 Household rating, 2.1 million Total Viewers, and 247,000 Women 25-54. This year’s event also registers as the network’s highest-rated “Summer Nights” among Households since the franchise launched in in 2016.
Nielsen Live +SD Highlights – “Summer Nights” 2020:
- “Wedding Every Weekend” propelled Hallmark Channel to become the #1 Household-rated entertainment cable network on Saturday and the #2 entertainment cable network of the week in Total Day among Households and Women 18+
- The three new “Summer Nights” original premieres averaged a 2.3 Household rating, 2.1 million Total Viewers, and 247,000 Women 25-54
- “Summer Nights” elevated the network to become the #2 entertainment cable network in Total Day among Households, Women 18+, and Total Viewers from July 27 – August 16
- The event propelled Hallmark Channel to become the #1-rated entertainment cable network on weekends among Households
- The three all-new Saturday night premieres delivered the #1 program of the day among Households, Women 18+, and Total Viewers for three consecutive weeks
- Becomes the highest Household-rated “Summer Nights” event in network history
- Three premieres reached 5.8 million unduplicated Total Viewers and the event, overall, reached 22.4 million
Source: Nielsen, Live+SD, 7/27/20-8/16/20, excluding news & sports
For photos and more information, please visit: "Summer Nights"
Contact: Megan Van Tine, 212-445-6694 | MeganVanTine@CrownMedia.com
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Crown Media Family Networks’ flagship 24-hour cable television network. As the country’s leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. The network features an ambitious lineup of original content, including movies; scripted primetime series; annual pet specials including, “Kitten Bowl”and “American Rescue Dog Show”; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.” Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life’s special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises including “Countdown to Christmas” and many other seasonal offerings. Rounding out the network’s diverse slate are some of television’s most beloved comedies and series, including “The Golden Girls” and “Frasier.”
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.