HALLMARK CHANNEL’S COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS JUGGERNAUT
DOMINATES CABLE FOR THE SECOND WEEK IN A ROW
Saturday and Sunday night new original movie premieres boost network to the top
of the cable leaderboard, and rank as the #1 and #2 highest-rated and most-watched
entertainment programs of the week
NEW YORK – November 3, 2020 – Now in full swing, Hallmark Channel’s highly anticipated holiday programming event, Countdown to Christmas, continues its reign as cable’s top destination for the second consecutive week. The weekend’s new original movie premieres, One Royal Holiday (Saturday, October 31) and On the 12th Date of Christmas (Sunday, November 1) once again propelled the network to rank as the #1 entertainment cable network of the week in Total Day and Primetime among Households, Women 25-54, Women 18+, and Total Viewers. The movies also represented the top two highest-rated and most-watched entertainment cable programs of the week among Households, Women 18+, and Total Viewers. What’s more, Hallmark Channel even beat out news and sports over the weekend, clocking in as the #1 cable network among Women 25-54 across the board.
Hallmark Channel’s Countdown to Christmas and sister network Hallmark Movies & Mysteries’ Miracles of Christmas have cumulatively reached 25 million unduplicated viewers since the networks kicked off the 2020 holiday season on October 23.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) – Hallmark Channel
Saturday, October 31 – “One Royal Holiday”
- Averaged a 3.3 Household rating, 3.1 million Total Viewers, and 379,000 Women 25-54
- Propelled Hallmark Channel to be the highest-rated and most-watched entertainment cable network of the week in Total Day and Primetime among Households, Women 25-54, Women 18+, and Total Viewers
- Ranked as the #1 Household-rated entertainment cable program of the week, and most-watched among Households, Women 18+, and Total Viewers
- Reached nearly 4.2 million unduplicated Total Viewers
Sunday, November 1 – “On the 12th Date of Christmas”
- Averaged a 2.9 Household rating, 2.8 million Total Viewers, and 419,000 Women 25-54
- Ranked as the #2 highest-rated and most-watched entertainment cable program of the week among Households, Women 25-54, Women 18+, and Total Viewers (behind One Royal Holiday)
- Reached over 4 million unduplicated Total Viewers
Source: Nielsen L+SD, excluding news and sports (10/26/2020-11/1/2020). Combined network unduplicated P2+ audience reach from 10/23-11/1/20, 6 min qualifier.
For photos and more information, please visit the links below:
Contact: Allison Bennett, 212-445-6692 | AllisonBennett@CrownMedia.com
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Crown Media Family Networks’ flagship 24-hour cable television network. As the country’s leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. The network features an ambitious lineup of original content, including movies; scripted primetime series; annual pet specials including, “Kitten Bowl”and “American Rescue Dog Show”; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.” Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life’s special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises including “Countdown to Christmas” and many other seasonal offerings. Rounding out the network’s diverse slate are some of television’s most beloved comedies and series, including “The Golden Girls” and “Frasier.”
For more information, please visit www.crownmediapress.com
To visit the network website, please visit www.hallmarkchannel.com
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.