RATINGS MOMENTUM FOR HALLMARK CHANNEL’S
‘COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS’ CONTINUES TO BUILD
Network Ranks as Highest-Rated and Most-Watched Network on Cable
for Second Consecutive Weekend
New York, NY, November 7, 2017 – There’s no place like Hallmark Channel for the holidays. On the heels of last week’s top-rated “Countdown to Christmas” kick-off, the network once again stole the weekend.
Propelled by the world premieres of the new original holiday movies, “Christmas Festival of Ice” (Saturday, November 4) and “Miss Christmas” (Sunday, November 5), Hallmark Channel took top honors for the second weekend in a row, becoming the highest-rated and most-watched network on cable among HH, W18-49; W25-54; and Total Viewers.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD)
“Christmas Festival of Ice”:
- Averaged 2.9 HH rating, 3.2 million Total Viewers, and 595,000 W25-54;
- Top-rated program of the day among W25-54 and highest-rated non-sports program of the day among HHs;
- Third highest HH-rated program of the week, excepting sports and news.
- Reached more than 4.9million unduplicated viewers
- Delivered more W25-54 than ABC, NBC, and Fox
- Averaged a 3.3 HH rating, 3.6 million Total Viewers, and 737,000 W25-54
- Second highest rated non-news/non-sports cable program of the day and week
- Became Hallmark Channel’s highest-rated and most-watched telecast of 2017 to-date among HH, W25-54, A25-54, and Total Viewers
Source: Nielsen, October 30-November 5, 2017
For photos and more information, visit the links below:
About Hallmark Channel
Hallmark Channel is Crown Media Family Networks’ flagship 24-hour cable television network, distributed nationwide in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) to 88 million homes. As the country’s leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. In addition to its signature new, original movies, the network features an ambitious lineup of other new, original content, including scripted primetime series, such as “Good Witch,” “When Calls the Heart” and “Chesapeake Shores”; annual specials including “Kitten Bowl”and “Hero Dog Awards”; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.” Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life’s special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises, including “Countdown to Christmas,” “Countdown to Valentine’s Day,” “Summer Nights,” “Fall Harvest” and “Winterfest.” Rounding out the network’s diverse slate are some of television’s most beloved comedies and series, including “The Golden Girls” and “Frasier.”
Hallmark Cards, Inc. owns and operates Crown Media Family Networks.
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.