100 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS 2020 BEGINS ON HALLMARK,
CROWN MEDIA FAMILY NETWORKS ANNOUNCES ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING SLATE FOR
HALLMARK CHANNEL AND HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES
NEW CASTING, MOVIES, AND SERIES RENEWALS HEADLINE AN ALL-STAR SLATE
HALLMARK DRAMA, HALLMARK PUBLISHING, HALLMARK MOVIES NOW
SEE EXPONENTIAL GROWTH; BUBBLY SESH PODCAST RETURNS FOR SEASON TWO
STUDIO CITY, CA – Wednesday, July 15, 2020 – Following unprecedented success across its 2019-2020 programming slate, Crown Media Family Networks today unveiled new casting announcements, Original movies, and renewals of hit series and movie franchises on its two flagship networks, Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries for 2020-2021. The news comes 100 days prior to the launch of Christmas on Hallmark’s channels, the most anticipated holiday program event on any network.
“The Hallmark brand on TV has always championed positivity and emotional connection, and thanks to the dedication of our development teams and producing partners, we are excited to welcome new talent on both sides of the camera, as well as, announcing renewals of all of our original series and the return of beloved stars. Hallmark Channel Original Series are enviable within the industry for their longevity and for creating one of the most winning schedules on television,” said Michelle Vicary, Executive Vice President, Programming & Network Publicity, Crown Media Family Networks.
-- CASTING NEWS --
Crown Media Family Networks casting news includes the return of fan favorite network stars such as:
- Alexa PenaVega (Spy Kids)
- Alicia Witt (“Our Christmas Love Song”)
- Andrew Walker (“Bottled with Love”)
- Benjamin Ayres (“Chronicle Mysteries”)
- Brennan Elliott (“Crossword Mysteries”)
- Candace Cameron Bure (“Aurora Teagarden Mysteries”)
- Carlos PenaVega (“Big Time Rush”)
- Chaley Rose (“Christmas Duet”)
- Eion Bailey (“Switched for Christmas”)
- Holly Robinson Peete (“A Family Christmas Gift,”)
- Jesse Metcalfe (“Chesapeake Shores”)
- Jill Wagner (“Christmas In Evergreen: Tidings of Joy”)
- Julie Gonzalo (“Supergirl”)
- Kristoffer Polaha (“Condor”)
- Lacey Chabert (“Crossword Mysteries”)
- Laura Osnes (“In the Key of Love”)
- Luke Macfarlane (“Just Add Romance”)
- Marilu Henner (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine”)
- Mark Taylor (“Memories of Christmas”)
- Merritt Patterson (“Picture a Perfect Christmas”)
- Michael Rady (“You’re Bacon Me Crazy”)
- Nathan Witte (“Supernatural”)
- Niall Matter (“Christmas at Dollywood”)
- Nikki DeLoach (“Two Turtle Doves”)
- Rachael Leigh Cook (“Frozen in Love”)
- Rick Fox (“Greenleaf”)
- Rukiya Bernard (“One Winter Weekend”)
- Sarah Drew (“Grey’s Anatomy”)
- Tamera Mowry-Housley (“The Real”)
- Tyler Hynes (“The Mistletoe Secret”)
With several more announcements in the coming weeks, today we are pleased to announce new talent joining the Hallmark family, including:
- Aaron Tveit (“The Code”)
- Alvina August (“Nancy Drew”)
- Janel Parrish (“Pretty Little Liars”)
- Jeremy Jordan (“Supergirl”)
- Krystal Joy Brown (“She-Ra and the Princesses of Power”)
- Lucia Micarelli (“Treme”)
- Mallory Jansen (“Shooter”)
- Marisol Nichols (“Riverdale”)
- Rochelle Aytes (“S.W.A.T.”)
- Ronnie Rowe (“Star Trek: Discovery”)
- Victoria Clark ("Homeland")
-- DEVELOPMENT DEALS --
Crown Media is working with some of its most compelling talent in a development capacity. The company is currently in development with network stars Ashley Williams and Kimberly Williams- Paisley on a two-part movie about real sisters, with each of them playing the lead in one of the films. In addition, the company is developing projects with Holly Robinson Peete and Tamera Mowry-Housley.
Behind the scenes, directors Catherine Cyran and Clare Niederpruem return to direct new original movies, joined by new female directors, Linda-Lisa Hayter, Erica Dunton, and Jessica Harmon.
--HALLMARK CHANNEL PROGRAMMING NEWS--
Hallmark Channel’s upcoming slate includes the return of seasonal events, Fall Harvest and Countdown to Christmas, as well as new seasons in the network’s three scripted dramas and daily, lifestyle program, “Home & Family.” Additionally, Crown Media Family Networks has renewed Hallmark Channel’s pet-centric specials, “Kitten Bowl,” “American Humane Hero Dog Awards,” and “American Rescue Dog Show.”
-- HALLMARK CHANNEL SEASONAL FRANCHISES --
Fall Harvest - Programs currently slated for this year’s autumnal event include:
- “Country at Heart” starring Jessy Schram and Niall Matter – October 3
- “Neverbrides” starring Chaley Rose and Nathan Witte – October 10
- 10th Anniversary Edition of American Humane Hero Dog Awards Show – October 19
--NO ONE DOES HOLIDAY LIKE HALLMARK --
COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS 2020 – Hallmark Channel’s Countdown to Christmas – which along with sister network Hallmark Movies & Mysteries’ holiday franchise, Miracles of Christmas, draws nearly 85 million unduplicated viewers each year – kicks off Friday, October 23. Hallmark Channel will premiere 23 all-new original films, including:
- “A Royal Holiday”, starring Laura Osnes, Aaron Tveit, Krystal Joy Brown and Victoria Clark
- “Jingle Bell Bride”, starring Julie Gonzalo and Ronnie Rowe
- “A Christmas Tree Grows in Brooklyn”, starring Rochelle Aytes and Mark Taylor
- “If I Only Had Christmas”, starring Candace Cameron Bure
- “Deliver by Christmas”, starring Alvina August and Eion Bailey
- “On the 12th Date of Christmas”, starring Mallory Jansen and Tyler Hynes
- “Christmas Waltz”, starring Lacey Chabert
- “Christmas in Vienna”, starring Sarah Drew and Brennan Elliott
- “Christmas in Evergreen 4”, starring Rukiya Bernard and Holly Robinson Peete
- “Chateau Christmas”, starring Merritt Patterson and Luke Macfarlane
- “Cross Country Christmas”, starring Rachael Leigh Cook
- “Christmas Carnival”, starring Tamera Mowry-Housley
- “When Calls the Heart Christmas 2020”, starring Erin Krakow, Pascale Hutton, Jack Wagner, Kavan Smith, Chris McNally, Kevin McGarry, Paul Greene, Andrea Brooks and Martin Cummins
HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES HOLIDAY EVENT, MIRACLES OF CHRISTMAS -- Kicking off Friday, October 23, “Miracles of Christmas” will feature 17 all-new original movies, including:
- “Christmas Tree Lane” starring Alicia Witt and Andrew Walker
- “Holly & Ivy” starring Janel Parrish, Jeremy Jordan, and Marisol Nichols
- “The Christmas Bow” starring Lucia Micarelli and Michael Rady
- “Cranberry Christmas” starring Nikki DeLoach and Benjamin Ayres
- “Christmas Doctor” starring Holly Robinson Peete
-- HALLMARK CHANNEL ORIGINAL SCRIPTED SERIES --
Returning for new seasons in 2021, are Hallmark Channel’s three original scripted programs, which are some of the longest-running and highest-rated series on cable television.
- “When Calls the Heart,” Hallmark Channel’s longest-running series, will soon go into production on Season 8. The #1 series year-to-date across cable among W18+, “When Calls the Heart” stars Erin Krakow (“Army Wives”), Pascale Hutton (“Arctic Air”), Jack Wagner (“Melrose Place”), Kavan Smith (“Mistresses”), Chris McNally (“Altered Carbon”), Kevin McGarry (“Heartland”), Paul Greene (“Bitten”), Andrea Brooks(“Supergirl”) and Martin Cummins (“Riverdale”).
- On the heels of its recently concluded successful sixth season, “Good Witch” has been greenlit for Season 7. The series stars Catherine Bell, whose 13-year portrayal of Cassie Nightingale is one of the longest-running performances on television, Sarah Power (“Killjoys”), James Denton (“Devious Maids,” “Desperate Housewives”), Catherine Disher (“Abby Hatcher”), Katherine Barrell (“Wynonna Earp”), Scott Cavalheiro(“The Indian Detective”), Kylee Evans (“The Strain”) and Marc Bendavid (“Murdoch Mysteries”).
- Multi-generational family drama, “Chesapeake Shores”, is set to return for Season 5. Based on the novels of the same name by New York Times bestselling author Sherryl Woods (Trinity Harbor), the series stars Jesse Metcalfe (“Dallas”), Meghan Ory (“Once Upon a Time”), Golden Globe® nominee Treat Williams(“Everwood,” Hair), Academy Award® nominee Diane Ladd (Wild at Heart), Barbara Niven (“Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove”), Laci J. Mailey (“Falling Skies”), Emilie Ullerup (“Sanctuary”), Brendan Penny(“Motive”) and Andrew Francis (“Final Destination 3”).
-- HALLMARK CHANNEL’S DAYTIME, LIFESTYLE SERIES, “HOME & FAMILY” --
Hallmark Channel has renewed its three-time Daytime Emmy ®-nominated lifestyle program, “Home & Family,” for Season 9. Two-time Emmy ® nominee Debbie Matenopoulos and three-time Emmy ® nominee Cameron Mathison will continue as hosts of the show that features celebrity interviews as well as a fun, fresh perspective on cooking, DIY, gardening, wellness and more.
-- HALLMARK CHANNEL’S ANNUAL PET SPECIALS --
Hallmark Channel’s annual pet specials are a component of the network’s pet adoption initiative, Adoption Ever After, which has helped more than 70,000 shelter pets find forever homes. These returning specials include:
- “Kitten Bowl VIII”, slated for February 2021
- Third Annual “American Rescue Dog Show”, slated for February 2021
- 10th Annual “Hero Dog Awards”, premiering Fall 2020
--HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES PROGRAMMING NEWS--
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries will bring back popular programming including all new installments of its highly popular mystery movie franchises and the return of the network’s highly rated holiday event, Miracles of Christmas.
-- HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES MYSTERY MOVIE FRANCHISES --
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries’ movie franchises have propelled the network to be one of the most competitive in cable.
Mystery franchises returning to the network in 2020 and 2021 include:
- “Picture Perfect Mysteries: Exit Stage Death”, starring Alexa and Carlos PenaVega, premiering this Fall
- New installments in “Morning Show Mysteries”, starring Holly Robinson Peete (“A Family Christmas Gift”) and Rick Fox (“Greenleaf”), from Executive Producer Al Roker
- New installments in “Martha’s Vineyard Mysteries” starring Jesse Metcalfe (“Chesapeake Shores”)
- “Mystery 101”, starring Jill Wagner (“Christmas In Evergreen: Tidings of Joy”) and Kristoffer Polaha (“Condor”)
- “Aurora Teagarden Mysteries”, currently in production on its 14th installment and starring Candace Cameron Bure (“Fuller House”), Niall Matter (“Christmas at Dollywood”) and Marilu Henner (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine”), slated to premiere in early 2021.
--HALLMARK DRAMA NEWS--
Crown Media Family Networks announces that its third linear channel, Hallmark Drama, continues distribution success most recently with a launch on Charter’s “Silver Package.” Charter is the nation’s second largest MVPD. Hallmark Drama also launched on Comcast, DISH, DirecTV, Cox, Verizon, Altice, Frontier, and a majority of NCTC members.
--HALLMARK MOVIES NOW NEWS--
Crown Media Family Network’s subscription video on-demand service, offering over 1,000 hours of commercial-free Hallmark-branded content, is nearing one million subscribers. The service includes beloved Hallmark content not available on Crown Media’s linear networks and is in high demand among consumers for high-quality movies and featured events like “Jingle In July,” a Christmas in July event only available to HMN subscribers. New on Hallmark Movies Now in October is season four of “Chesapeake Shores,” the premiere of “Home for Harvest”, and season 12 of “Heartland”. And, coming this holiday season, Hallmark Movies Now will launch its holiday franchise, “Movies & Mistletoe,” headlined by a library of Christmas content to rival any network offering.
--HALLMARK CHANNELS’ BUBBLY SESH PODCAST--
Hosted by Jacklyn Collier (Jacks) and Shawlini Manjunath-Holbrook (Shawl), Hallmark Channels' Bubbly Sesh podcast returns for a second season, giving network fans a VIP pass inside the world of Hollywood celebrities and movie-making, with a primary focus on Hallmark Channel fan-favorites.
Crown Media Family Network’s publishing division, has achieved great success in its short existence, including two USA Today bestsellers and an exclusive partnership with Walmart that brings new mass market paperback novels to stores each month through February 2021. Coming in August: two new cozy mystery novels: Behind the Frame: A Shepherd Sisters Mystery by Tracy Gardener and Dead End Detective: A Piper & Porter Mystery from bestselling author and Agatha Award winner Amanda Fowler. And new for Christmas: Wrapped Up in Christmas Joy by Janice Lynn, the sequel to the 2019 USA Today bestseller Wrapped Up in Christmas.
“Crown Media Family Networks is looking forward to entertaining viewers with all-new original programs across all of our services, all while continuing to communicate the value of the Hallmark brand on TV to consumers through other touchpoints within our ancillary businesses. Today’s announcements are only the beginning for a company that is growing exponentially in the U.S. and around the world,” Michelle Vicary concluded.
LINK FOR HI-RES PHOTOS: https://hallmarkchannel.sharefile.com/d-s2fbd6aee8794077a
MEDIA CONTACTS :
ABOUT CROWN MEDIA FAMILY NETWORKS
Crown Media Family Networks is the umbrella unit subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc., housing cable’s leading family friendly networks, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama. Hallmark Channel features an ambitious slate of new, original content, including movies, scripted series, annual specials, and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show.Hallmark Channel is also home to the popular annual holiday franchise “Countdown to Christmas,”featuring a lineup of 24/7 holiday programming. Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is a 24-hour cable network featuring a unique mix of new, original movies and acquired series focused on the lighter side of the suspense and mystery genres. The network also features its own annual holiday programming franchise, “Miracles of Christmas”. Hallmark Drama showcases the rich legacy of the Hallmark Hall of Fame library and with zero duplication, spotlights movies and series from Crown Media’s collection of original dramatic content. Crown Media Family Networks is also home to Hallmark Movies Now, the company’s subscription streaming service, which offers wholly distinct content from the company’s linear channels. Crown Media Family Networks’ publishing extension, Hallmark Publishing, creates novelizations of previously aired original movie favorites. It also accepts author submissions for original, on-brand manuscripts that can be greenlit as a new movie or series for one of the company’s three linear networks.
For more information, please visit www.crownmediapress.com
Hallmark Channel on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries on Social Media: Facebook, Twitter
Hallmark Drama on Social Media: Twitter
Hallmark Publishing on Social Media: Twitter
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.